We are now in Term 1 Week 6 and it is timely to remind everyone of some of the traffic hotspots in and around the School:
- the turning circle between the Mathwin Centre and OSHC is just that – a turning circle – please do not park in this circle as it disrupts the traffic flow of vehicles trying to use it as intended
- City of Marion parking inspectors have been busy checking vehicle parking along Alison Ave – please observe all parking signs or you will run the risk of receiving an infringement notice
- following the City of Marion’s storm water project, some of the yellow ‘no parking’ lines on Alison Ave and feeder roads were removed – these will be reinstated by the end of March so please observe once they have been marked out
- our defined School Zone starts north of the Preparatory School crossing and continues south along Alison Ave to where the Inquiry and Innovation Hub is located – in between is all School Zone, which commands a 25 km/h speed limit when children are present
- please note that when you enter Alison Ave from Andrew Ave, Orkney Ave or from the School’s Main Gates you are entering the School Zone so please ensure your speed stays within the 25 km/h speed limit.
- the School continues to receive updates from the Dept of Health re travel restrictions
- there are travel warnings in place for five countries: China and Iran – do not travel; Japan, Italy and Mongolia – exercise a high degree of caution
- we will continue to follow the policies of the Australian Government Dept of Health and any advice that may came through the State Government
- should a pandemic be declared, it is possible that schools may be required to close for a period of time – while this is an extreme case, we will need to follow policy and keep you as best informed as we can – there may not be a lot of notice so any turn around to act on news of this nature will happen with some urgency
- please ensure your own hygiene awareness remains a priority to minimise the risk of this virus taking hold in our region.
Peter Trenorden ('77)
Acting Director of Advancement and Marketing